Tarremah Steiner School was originally founded in South Hobart, in 1988. After several years the school moved to a new site at Huntingfield, which offered plentiful space, views of both the mountain and the river, and access to a small creek and bush reserve.
The school has grown organically from a cluster of small, purpose-built cottages to include state-of-the-art, architecturally designed high school buildings and a multi-purpose Hall and commercial kitchen.
The school now offers Steiner education for children from 1-16 years of age.
- Fairy Wren playgroup for under 3’s with their parent or guardian.
- Fantail and Pipit mixed age kindergartens for children aged 3-6.
- Primary school classes 1 to 5 with the same Class Teacher for a five year duration including specialist teachers for languages, physical education, music, craft and gardening.
- Secondary school classes 6 to 10 with a number of subject specialists including maths, english, drama, health, outdoor education, physical education, history, science and woodwork.
- Learning Support is available for individual students or small groups who need some additional teaching time.